12:00 PM - Welcome & Introductions
Aaron Biros, Editor, CannabisIndustryJournal.com - Host and Moderator
12:05 PM - Why CBD Companies Should Go Organic
Brad Kelley, COO, Socati
- Why consumers want organic products
- Why going organic is good for the CBD industry
- What would it take to become a certified organic brand
12:55 PM - Rapid Potency Screening by Fourier Transform near/mid Infrared Spectroscopy - TechTalk sponsored by PerkinElmer
Melanie Emmanuel, Sr. Sales Specialist, PerkinElmer
NIR spectroscopy is a remarkably versatile and robust analytical technique. Its non-destructive nature, fast analysis time, and relative ease of use has led to the development of many applications in a broad array of fields including as a rapid potency screening method for cannabis. The NIR spectrum of a cannabis flower can be thought of as an immediate status or potency update as to where it is in it’s bioprocess. Screening for these status updates throughout the growth process can give timely information regarding expected product yield, THC/CBD ratios, and when to harvest, while bringing the potency screen directly to the grow site reduces the amount of sample that is sent out for 3rd party testing and ultimately gives cultivators a better understanding of their processes.
1:10 PM - A Guidance on an Integrated Lifecycle of Designing a Cultivation Operation
Gretchen Schimelpfenig, PE, Technical Director of Resource Innovation
Brandy Keen, Co-Founder & Sr. Technical Advisor, Surna, Inc.
Adam Chalasinski, Applications Engineer, Rough Brothers/Nexus Greenhouse Systems/Tetra
David Vaillencourt, Founder & CEO, The GMP Collective
Kyle Lisabeth, Vice President of Horticulture, Silver Bullet Water
Back by popular demand, this panel discussion is returning with the same cast of subject matter experts to foster a longer, more comprehensive dialogue on cultivation facility design. Designing a cannabis cultivation facility that can produce consistent quality cannabis, meets the demands of the business objectives (profit, time to market, scalability) and consumers and stays within budget and timelines has been a major pain point for new and seasoned business owners and growers. What appears on the surface as a simple proposition – build a structure, install HVAC and fertigation systems, hire a master grower, plant some seeds and watch the sea of green roll in — is anything but.
2:40 PM - Infusing Equity! - Sponsored TechTalk by S.E.E.N.
Belicia Royster, Co-Founder & Vice President, Social Equity Empowerment Network
2:55 PM - Break
3:00 PM - The Beginner's Guide to Integrated Pest Management
David Perkins, Founder, Floresco Consulting
- Planning and designing your cultivation facility to minimize pest pressure
- How to apply pesticides safely and lawfully
- Pest identification, choosing the correct pesticides
3:50 PM - Starting from Scratch: Launching a Hemp Farm in Georgia
Reginald "Reggie" Reese, Founder & CEO, The Green Toad Hemp Farm
Dwayne Hirsch, President & Chief of Business Development, The Green Toad Hemp Farm
- This presentation will detail how The Green Toad Hemp Farm started with an empty lot with no water, power or structures and turned the space into a productive vertically integrated hemp cultivation operation.
- Learn how to work with local and state regulations from this case study in Southeast Georgia.
- Learn how to operate with friends, not enemies: How building partnerships with your community can ensure business success.
4:40 PM - Wrap Up