12:00 PM - Welcome & Introductions
Aaron Biros, Editor, CannabisIndustryJournal.com - Host and Moderator
12:05 PM - Cannabis Laboratory Accreditation Panel
Tracy Szerszen, President & Operations Manager, Perry Johnson Laboratory Accreditation (PJLA)
Mohan Sabaratnam, Vice President, IAS
Jason Stine, Sr. Director of Accreditation, ANAB
Anna Williams, Accreditation Supervisor, A2LA
- This panel, moderated by Cannabis Industry Journal editor Aaron Biros, will go in-depth into the new ISO/IEC 17025:2017 version, changes from the 2005 version and the new transition timeline mandated by ILAC.
- Learn some of the common challenges labs face when seeking accreditation.
- Learn about sampling protocols, security issues, statements of conformance, calibration and much more.
12:55 PM - New Analyzed Cannabinoids Plus Analysis of Pesticides, Residual Solvents & Heavy Metals - SHIMADZU TechTalk
Dr. Bob Clifford, General Manager, Shimadzu Scientific Instruments
1:10 PM - Lab Testing in the Supply Chain: Compliance Crossroads for Operators
Mark Slaugh, Owner & CEO, iComply
- Learn why communication in the supply chain matters between operators and labs.
- Explore common areas of compliance challenges for operators and how they impact relationships with labs and consumers.
- Discover how to improve service and differentiate labs to benefit operators and their compliance.
2:00 PM - Top 7 Things to Consider when Comparing Cannabis Testing Equipment - Agilent Tech Talk
Greg Kozadjian, MBA, Emerging Markets Business Development - Cannabis Testing, Agilent
2:15 PM - Break
2:25 PM - R&D Lab Testing: Ensuring Success with Results
Christian Sweeney, President, Sonoma Lab Works
- New Product Launches
- Shelf life, stability & brand identity metrics
- Quality Control
- Preparing for Compliance Batches
- Types of analyses for product types, critical sampling practices & developing opportunities for corrective action
- Environmental Testing
- Microbial Swabbing, equipment and facility contaminations, soil & grow contaminations and scouting new locations for cultivation
3:15 PM - Potency Testing: Options and New Developments - MilliporeSigma Tech Talk
Dr. Hiller Brandes, Analytical Technology Specialist, MilliporeSigma
3:30 PM - Pesticide Testing: Methods, Strategies & Sampling
Mikhail Gadomski, Corporate Senior Chemist, Deibel Bioscience of California
- This presentation will provide an overview of pesticide testing and current regulations, with a special focus on California.
- Learn about standard operating procedures and instrumentation used for pesticide testing.
- Learn about method development and sample preparation for pesticide testing.
4:20 pm - Tech Talk
4:35 PM - Wrap Up