12:00 PM - Welcome & Introductions
Aaron Biros, Editor, CannabisIndustryJournal.com - Host and Moderator
12:05 PM - qPCR vs Plating: Which is Right for Your Lab?
Heather Ebling, Manager of Applications and Support, Medicinal Genomics
- Compare the differences between molecular and culture based microbial testing
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of both testing options
- Better evaluate these two microbial testing options
12:55 PM - TechTalk - Sponsored by Medicinal Genomics
1:10 PM - Cannabis Laboratory Accreditation Panel
Tracy Szerszen, President & Operations Manager, Perry Johnson Laboratory Accreditation (PJLA)
Mohan Sabaratnam, Vice President, IAS
Jason Stine, Senior Director of Accreditation, ANAB
Anna Williams, Accreditation Supervisor, American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA)
- This panel, moderated by Cannabis Industry Journal editor Aaron Biros, will go in-depth into the new ISO/IEC 17025:2017 version, changes from the 2005 version and the new transition timeline mandated by ILAC.
- Learn some of the common challenges labs face when seeking accreditation.
- Learn about sampling protocols, security issues, statements of conformance, calibration and much more.
2:00 PM - Tech Talk - MilliporeSigma
2:15 PM - Tech Talk - COLA
2:25 PM - Don't Hold Your Breath: Smoke/Vapor Analysis & Quantifying Quality
Markus Roggen, Ph.D., Complex Biotech Discovery Ventures
- There are chemical changes occurring when a cannabis product is burned/vaporized.
- How is the testing of such aerosols/gasses performed?
- What can such smoking tests tell us? How do they help in product development?
3:15 PM - Tech Talk - Hardy Diagnostics
Jessa Youngblood, Food & Beverage Marketing Coordinator/Cannabis Industry Specialist, Hardy Diagnostics
3:30 PM - Progress in Creating Standards and Standard Methods for the Cannabis Community
Scott Coates, Senior Director, AOAC Research Institute
Christopher Dent, Manager for Standards Development & Official Methods of Analysis, AOAC International
- Learn how standards are developed and how the standards are used.
- Learn about the Official Methods for cannabis.
- Training opportunities.
- Proficiency testing.
4:15 pm - TechTalk
4:30 pm - Wrap up