12:00 PM - Welcome & Introductions
Aaron Biros, Editor, Cannabis Industry Journal - Host and Moderator
12:05 PM - Breeding Cannabis for Unique Therapeutic Benefits
- This presentation will cover topics related to proper breeding procedures, "hunting" particular phenotypess and developing specific cannabinoids and terpenes
- Highlights of some of the major advances in breeding and how to use available resources to develop a successful breeding program.
12:50 PM - Technology Spotlight
1:05 PM - Key to Environmental Planning and Control
Dr. Nadia Sabeh
- Controlling the environmental parameters of the indoor farm is essential to managing the productivity and health of your crop. This presentation will discuss the critical roles that VPD, airflow, CO2, and other parameters play in the dynamic indoor environment, and we will review different systems and strategies you can use to manage them.
- A project case study will be presented to demonstrate the costs associated with different climate management (HVAC) alternatives, including first cost, operating cost, maintenance, and crop productivity.
1:50 PM - Technology Spotlight - VividGro: Cannabis and the Connected Indoor Farm
David Friedman, President, VividGro
- SMAA- Sensing, monitoring, alerting & automating
- Hardware & software integration
- Protecting & using your data
2:05 PM - Exploration and Optimization of Drying and Curing
Dr. Allison Justice
- Prized French wines are aged for years in oak barrels, as are famous whiskies. Tobacco is air-, fire-, flue- or sun-cured. Cannabis, however, is quickly dried and stored in a plastic bucket. Although many cannabis growers have proprietary ways of making flower flavorful and aromatic, little to no research is available for consistency.
- Anecdotal examples show that chemical makeup is not only dictated by the strain/cultivar, but also influenced by grow methods, drying and curing. The lack of data prompted us to research what is happening during these processes. In this session, we will present our research at OutCo of how to affect and control the chemical makeup of flower; new protocols to monitor the dry and cure of cannabis flowers so we are able to modulate the terpene and cannabinoid profiles in our strain offering; and our latest findings in this exciting field of post-harvest cannabis research.
2:50 PM - Technology Spotlight - Canna Air Care: Every growroom has mod!
Ivor Noble, Founder & CEO, Canna Air Care
3:05 PM - Cannabis Micropropagation, Cost Analysis and Viruses
Dr. Hope Jones
- This presentation will provide the cannabis industry (including hemp) with information on tissue culture micropropagation by providing a summary that will show some of the essential concepts behind tissue culture. Virus and pathogen elimination and the importance of a good IPM regime.
- The presentation will also provide informaiton on the economics of the micropropagation industry, design and implementation plans from the small growers to the large in need of understanding the true potential of tissue culture micropropagation, and how to implement and how to avoid costly mistakes.
3:50 PM - Discussion
4:00 PM - Adjourrnment