11:00 AM - Welcome & Introductions
Aaron Biros, Editor, Cannabis Industry Journal - Host and Moderator
11:05 AM - Cannabis Testing in the United States: An overview
Charles Deibel, President & CEO, Deibel Labs, Inc.
- Learn the current state of affairs in the United State with respect to cannabis and hemp testing. This will include a look at current regulations state-by-state for cannabis testing as well as hemp testing on a federal level.
- Witness an in-depth discussion of various state lab testing regulations for product quality and safety testing.
- Take a deep dive into the world of laboratory licensing and management, where Deibel will speak on his own experiences in starting a cannabis testing lab in the new market of Illinois.
- Get the chance to ask your burning questions on all things laboratory management, emerging markets, regulations, licensing and more.
11:50 AM - Innovations from Agilent to Simplify Cannabis Testing - Technology Spotlight - Agilent
Greg Kozadjian, Emerging Markets Business Development, Cannabis Testing, Agilent
12:05 PM - The Importance of Moisture Analysis for Cannabis Safety and Quality
Dr. Brady Carter, Sr. Applications Scientist, Neutec
- Learn the definition and theory of water activity and moisture content and how they are different.
- How to measure water activity and moisture content and obtain accurate and precise measurement values.
- How to interpret water activity and moisture content testing results and how to effectively make use of them to determine and control product safety and quality.
12:50 PM - Technology Spotlight
1:05 PM - Potency Testing in Cannabis and Hemp
Philippe Henry, Chief Technology Officer, DigiPath Labs
- Learn how cannabinoid analysis is performed in the laboratory.
- Understand natural plant physiology and THC variation.
- Recognize the implications of USDA guidance for Hemp potency testing.
1:50 PM - Water Activity Instrument Solutions for Cannabis Testing - Technology Spotlight: Neutec Group
Mark Haywood, Instrument Sales Specialist, Neutec Group
2:05 PM - ISO 17025 Calibration, Traceability and Measurement Uncertainty Demystified
Heather Wade, President, Heather Wade Group, LLC
- Attendees will learn what is meant by Calibration according to ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- Attendees will learn what is meant by Traceability according to ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Attendees will learn are basic contributors to Measurement Uncertainty in order to satisfy ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and Test Lab accreditation bodies.
2:50 PM - Technology Spotlight - ANAB
Matthew Sica, Accreditation Manager, ANAB
3:05 PM - Challenges of Microbial Testing on Cannabis and Hemp
Heather Ebling, Senior Applications & Support Manager, Medicinal Genomics
- Describe how microbial testing requirements differ by state/country.
- Explain why cannabis and hemp are challenging matrices for microbial testing.
- Compare the common microbial safety testing methods used for cannabis and hemp.
3:50 PM - Wrap up & Final Q&A
4:00 PM - Adjournment