Cannabis Regulation Update,
Terpene & Residual Solvent Analysis
and Heavy Metals Analysis
Cannabis Regulations - Timely Updates:
Are you finding it difficult to keep up with changing regulations for the cannbis industry?
Are you asking yourself:
- When does heavy metal regulation go live?
- Which pesticides need to be monitored?
- How many terpenes do I need to account for?
In this 60-minute webinar, industry experts will tackle the most recent changes and challenges to regional regulations in the US.
Save Time and Analyze Faster - Run Terpenes and Residual Solvents in One Analysis
Are you looking to reduce hands-on analysis time? Speed up sample processing? Have less waste? Possibly reduce the number of individual tests running in your laboratory?
This segment will focus on utilizing GC/MS technology to run two regulated anlysis - terpenes and residual solvents - in one automated SOP.
Speaker: Tom Kwoka, GC/MS Field Application Scientist, PerkinElmer, Inc.
Heavy Metals Analysis - How and When do I Prepare?
You know the four dangerous heavy metals - Arsenic, Cadmiun, Lead, and Mercury. You even know their allowable trace amounts - down to the parts per trillion. What you might not know is how to avoid matrix-induced spectral interferences that lead to false readings. This presentation features overcoming heavy metal analysis in challenging cannabis samples with the aid of a sample digestion step.
Speaker: Steve Mangum, Former Senior Inorganic Field Application Scientist, PerkinElmer, Inc.
• Understand and prepare for new state regulations in the US and pending federal regulations for Canada
• Learn how to run two regulated tests (terpenes and residual solvents) in one analysis, on one instrument, and with one SOP
• Overcome challenging cannabis matrices for heavy metal analysis with microwave digestion
Who Should Attend:
- Investors looking to understand the latest regional cannabis regulations
- Investors seeking technologies that combine workflows, offer easy SOPs, and leverage multiple tests in a single technology
- Lab Directors focused on strong data integrity
- Lab Directors challenged with difficult cannabis matrices
- Lab Technicians developing methods for their cannabis laboratory
Mark Greenbaum, LC/MS/MS
North American Sales Leader
In the industry for over 40 years, Mark knows the scientific analysis community inside and out. His focus on Liquid Chromatography for the last four years has allowed him to cultivate his knowledge and insight on the cannabis industry.
Tom Kwoka, GC/MS Field Application Scientist
A technology innovator with over 35 years of experience developing applications for Gas Chromatography, Tom is an expert in technical assistance, training and method development.
Steve Mangum, Former Senior Inorganic Field Application Scientist
From the chemist in the lab to the specialist onsite, Steve Mangum has experienced every interaction with ICP technology and has over 25 years of experiencce in troubleshooting difficult analyses.